Objectives are realistically achievable with the limited resources available. There is no point in us adding idealistic objectives which are not achievable. Please keep this in mind in our discussion - when you make a suggestion, include who you think should do this and where will the money come from?
Current suggestions for objectives:
- Maximise economic opportunities and comparative advantage
- Enable sustainable rural and agricultural development
- Enhance conservation and biodiversity
- Protect cultural and built heritage landscape
- Spatially enable sustainable settlements
- Enhance safe, healthy, liveable and sustainable communities and neighbourhoods
- Provide the whole spectrum of government subsidised housing (Integrated Residential Development Programme (IRDP), Upgrading of Informal Settlements Programme (UISP) and Community Residential Unit Programme (CRU))
- Increase access for citizens in new settlements to urban amenities, work, schools, clinics, parks, etc.
- Maintain a balance between non-paying and paying households through the increased provision of affordable housing, Finance Linked Individual Subsidy Programme (FLISP) housing, Gap housing and social housing
What are your suggestions? Add your suggestions in the message block under Post a Reply below and click on Save.
Note: You must be logged in to contribute suggestions.