Lower cost and less risk than the Cape Town metro. But still close enough to also leverage the benefits of a city.
Factors driving growth
Similar to growth patterns of towns on the outskirts of other cities world-wide, both businesses and citizens will increasingly view Swartland as a good place to locate. The benefits include a lifestyle alternative to city life, lower cost structure and good municipal services whilst still having good access to markets in the metro. Industrial property has only recently become available again. The fact that the N7 is being upgraded to reduce travel time makes it even more attractive. Investment is expected mainly from sectors such as agro-processing, transport and logistics, retirement villages, increased retail and services. This will boost construction and property.
Main competitive advantages
- Metro expansion is forced in this direction due to Paarl, Stellenbosch sensitive urban edges
- Close to CT and what is there. Quicker to access to city than from Belville. N7 less congested than N1 and N2.
- WC market accessible . The road network provides 8 entry points to this market.
- Country lifestyle and city close when wanted
- Land is available and affordable
- Some BIG (>R billion Turnover) firms already choose to operate from here
- Many firms serve the national market, even some retailers.
- Strong agricultural – and Agro-processing sectors and associated supplier and distribution linkages
- Some strong networks to leverage
- Property and cost of development
- Clear evidence how cost advantage used (even some retailers and services firms compete as far as Limpopo)
- Safer: less crime and therefore less security costs
- Quality of labour with a good work ethic
- Good social cohesion. Politically stable. Good race relationships. There exists a sense of community.
- Local government that works and is reliable
A municipality t'hat v'alues business
- Municipality positive, supportive of business
- Services effective. Reliable infrastructure.
- Quick approvals: EIAs , engineering approvals, building and development plans.
- Can get things done.
Growing investor confidence
Sign in to add your comment.